Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sept. 2, 2008- Update-- Wrap-Up

Hello My Beautiful people,

This has been a VERY busy political weekend; Obama ended one of the most successful Democratic conventions in recent history to over 84,000 at Invesco Field and over 40 million via the TV and internet live feeds, John McCain (trying to regain his "Maverick" title) picked Sarah Pollen the 20 months strong Gov. from Alaska who is a mother of 5 a former beauty queen a hunter and a mother of a developmentally disabled 4month old baby Trig (she's pro-life) and Trak (?) the son that is deploying to Iraq on September 11th (oh did I mention she was under federal investigation?) AND then we find out that Sarah Paulen's daughter Bristol is 17 unmarried and 5 months pregnant (she's pro-life)... A Republican convention overshadowed by three powerful storms gunning for the gulf coast the largest since Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and marred by rain (that repubs prayed would befall the heads of the democrats... God don't like ugly)

My intention was to go in depth about the fantastic speech that was delievered by Senator Obama on the final day of the Democratic Convention. However, I suspect that the audience in which I am currently engaging has watched it and all agree that he could not have done better so on and so forth... And since I am not trying to make this TOO long I want to get straight to the republicans namely Sarah Palon

I warn you this is more opinion than update

My issue is this does McCain and the GOP think the voter (women and women's rights supporters) are so daft as to just vote for anyone that is using or has used at some point Pamparin? Do they believe that men are so stupid to jump on the band wagon just because this lady has a cute face, nice rack and knows how to sling a gun? What about her experience, just because she is a working Mother of 5 she is qualified to take over the Presidency (and let's be honest this man has had 4 bouts with skin cancer and looks like he is falling apart at the seams)? If that is what the qualifications are pretty much every black woman in America that is heading a single parent home is over qualified. But she is a conservatives dream, Pro-life, NRA life member... and...um...let me think.... Oh she has nothing else on her resume.

"Well she fought corruption in her own party"... After she spent her mayoral tenure working with lobbyists to get MILLIONS of earmarks for her town of 5.

"Well since Alaska is closest to Russia she defintely has Foreign Relations experience"- Cindy McCain... Enough said

"I don't know what experience she has for this position and I am not sure if I will vote for her ticket or not"- Her own Mommy

In the interest of time I will make the rest of this brief... You know about the teen pregnancy etc. etc. I will get off my soapbox now if you haven't discussed this before discuss now!


"Growth is always worth the price you pay, because the alternative is a limited life with unfulfilled potential"- Anonymous

No comments: